We recently received a HyperMac External Battery for the Apple MacBook / 13″ Pro / Air. The product forms the groundwork for today’s review.
The product is extremely well built. It feels solid and strong in the hand, which makes a change from some of the other aftermarket parts available – matching Apple’s build quality. The Hypermac battery is designed to extend your portable work life, if your on the go and your battery goes flat, the Hypermac can extend battery life by several hours, giving a combined run time of up to 12 hours.
- Use your MacBook for up to 12 hours without recharging
- Power your MacBook and recharge the internal battery at the same time
- Uses original Apple MagSafe power connector for maximum compatibility
- Compatible with all models of Apple MacBook / MacBook Pro / MacBook Air
- Additional USB port powers any USB device (e.g. iPhone) simultaneously
- High capacity 60-Watt-hour (compared to MacBook Air 37Wh battery)
- Military grade lithium ion cells, rechargeable up to 1000 times
- Advanced safety protection circuitry
- Beautiful aluminum housing color matched to complement the MacBook
- Laser engraved logo and all-white accessories
- Optional car charger powers your MacBook safely and efficiently on the road
- ONE year warranty
The size of the battery means it will fit in any bag or notebook sleeve which has storage for peripherals. Size-wise its certainly very small, we think appropriate to the extra-battery performance it affords and equally as light, weighing at only 0.8 pounds. Sitting in your notebook sleeve its hardly noticeable, no more than carrying a few moleskines or your iPhone and a camera.
The battery itself is a Lithium ION type, providing good reliability and up to 1000 charge cycles, meaning this battery should last you many a trip away from the desk. Charging the battery takes around 2 to 3 hours, no more than a fully discharged iPhone or Macbook takes.
The battery itself looks great next to the new unibody Macbooks, though its noted that this particular model doesn’t suit the 15″ and 17″ Macbook Pro models. It’s also possible to charge your iPhone of these batteries, and larger capacity, more powerful versions are available for the larger Macbook Pros.
Included in box
- HyperMac External Battery
- 1 x MacBook charging cable with MagSafe connector
- AC power supply 100-240V (for charging HyperMac)
- Printed documentation
You get everything you need to start charging your Mac or iPhone on the go straight from the box. Hypermac also offer an optional in car charger, for the ultimate portable charging toolkit! A highly impressive product indeed! 100% recommended and with prices starting from $199, can you afford not to increase the time you get to spend on the road without worrying about finding a power outlet?
Hypermac is available from the Hyperstore, with prices starting from $199.95 for the base model battery.